Duplicate File Detective - Release Notes
To download the latest version of Duplicate File Detective, please visit the product website.
Version 5.0.74 (Released January 25th, 2014)
- Feature: Added a folder browse button to the Mark Matching File Paths (SmartMark) dialog window.
- Feature: Added "Mark Last File in Each Group" function to top-level SmartMark menu.
- Feature: Added several thousand new file extension types to the file type researcher database.
- Bug fix: Resolved a couple of cases where comparison logging would indicate an unknown failure reason.
- Bug fix: Use of the Mark Matching File Paths function of SmartMark would fail to update the marked status bar indicator.
- Bug fix: Preventing use of SSE2 processor instructions to better support older CPUs.
- Bug fix: Resolved issue with certain report file type icons rendering incorrectly (as small square blocks).
- Bug fix: File type graphs were not printing correctly to specific device types.
Version 5.0.70 (Released November 7th, 2013)
- Improvement: An error is now recorded in the application event log if a duplicate search log file cannot be opened.
- Bug fix: Fixed failure to find duplicates in specific cases when using the parent folder comparison option.
- Bug fix: Search log files were not being deleted between project runs.
Version 5.0.68 (Released August 19th, 2013)
- Bug fix: Fixed potential crash due to unhandled regular expression parsing exception. Such errors are now reported in the application event log.
Version 5.0.67 (Released August 13th, 2013)
- Improvement: Shell context menu now appears for drives, network shares, and network servers.
- Improvement: Other minor improvements in shell context menu.
- Bug fix: Fixed potential crash in Explorer due to a bug in a third-party library used by the shell context menu.
Version 5.0.64 (Released July 29th, 2013)
- Improvement: Minor changes to comparison options window to increase clarity of zip file hashing option.
- Bug fix: Welcome wizard could possibly be shown when using shell context menu to start duplicate search.
- Bug fix: Shell context menu was being (incorrectly) shown for Windows Library virtual folders.
Version 5.0.63 (Released July 24th, 2013)
- Feature: Added logic to detect and break file system reparse point loops.
- Feature: Added "search with recent project settings" to shell context menu.
- Feature: Improved duplicate search file system enumeration performance.
- Bug fix: Resolved rare concurrency-related crash when showing duplicate search progress.
Version 5.0.62 (Released July 22nd, 2013)
- Feature: Search name masking can now compare full paths (not just file names), providing even more path management flexibility.
- Feature: Greatly improved ribbon bar customization capabilities (including ribbon tabs, quick access bar, and shortcuts).
- Feature: Added PDF export support (recommended for small to medium sized reports).
- Feature: PDF export is also now supported from the command line (using /pdf:"path" syntax).
- Feature: Added the ability to ignore numeric characters (digits) during filename comparison operations.
- Feature: Added "mark by longest full path" and "mark by shortest full path" selections to SmartMark tool.
- Feature: Search paths can now be flagged as "non-inclusive", preventing files within path from being compared against other files in the same path.
- Feature: Added file name length matching to search filtering mechanism.
- Feature: Aded file name and full path length elements to docking properties window.
- Feature: Shell context menu now supports selection of multiple folder paths (within Explorer, etc.).
- Feature: Shell context menu can now initate "quick", "checksum", "strong checksum", and "duplicate song" searches.
- Feature: Shell context menu can initiate a search that uses the settings from the default project (see Preferences | General | Startup).
- Feature: Byte-by-byte file content comparison now uses partial hashing for comparison partitioning, making it more efficient.
- Feature: Added option to duplicate result manager to create move/zip path folders if they don't already exist.
- Feature: Added the ability to specify a specific startup project (plus an option to use a blank one).
- Feature: When a project file is saved, the user is now warned that duplicate search results won't be saved along with it (use File | Export Results for this purpose).
- Feature: Improved printing and print preview for duplicate search results report.
- Feature: Updated zip, cryptographic, and music file tag extraction libraries.
- Feature: The folder view tree is no longer automatically re-built after use of the auto-prune function.
- Feature: Added new post-export prompt that allows export file (or its parent folder) to be opened.
- Feature: Product installation improvments (user can elect to run program from final step of installation, etc.).
- Feature: Promoted the "mark/unmark all files in project path" option to the top-level SmartMark ribbon bar menu.
- Feature: File types detail report now support smooth vertical scrolling.
- Feature: When only exclusionary search path filters are specified, a global ("*") match filter is now inferred.
- Feature: Added the ability to specify the color of marked items in the duplicate search result report.
- Feature: Added the ability to navigate to the next/previous marked file from the duplicate search results context menu.
- Feature: Added "search typing" to search results view (type letters to select associated duplicate files).
- Feature: Various general performance improvements.
- Bug fix: Installer could show "warning 1910" in some scenarios (cosmetic only).
- Bug fix: Improved UI in high DPI environments.
- Bug fix: Eliminated flicker from folder view docking panel.
- Bug fix: The "% Dup Space" column in the docking file types detail panel was not sorting correctly.
- Bug fix: Default "document" file type match presets didn't match .xsls or .pttx files.
- Bug fix: Exclusion path context menu incorrectly allowed engagement of path protection option (cosmetic).
- Bug fix: In new project wizard, if you click "back" on the last step the "finish" didn't change to "next".
- Bug fix: Fixed possible exception during shutdown from command line (e.g. using the "exit" command line parameter).
- Bug fix: Visible columns associated with project weren't always correctly synced with the UI.
- Bug fix: Double-clicking on duplicate search result row checkbox no longer attempts to open associated file.
Version 4.3.54 (Released January 23rd, 2013)
- Feature: Minor tweaks to folder tree exposed through new project wizard.
- Feature: The Search & Excluded Panels now support the selection of Windows 7 library entries when adding directories.
- Feature: Added header and footer values to printed duplicate file reports.
- Bug fix: Resolved rare crash that could occur during program startup (status bar was being accessed prior to being fully initialized).
Version 4.3.53 (Released August 24th, 2012)
- Feature: Added formal support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- Feature: Added helpful information to duplicate search summary dialog instructing users on how to take
- Feature: Added the ability to right-click one or more duplicate search result entries and remove all files of the same type (e.g. same file extension).
- Feature: Added the ability to right-click one or more duplicate search result entries and remove all files in the same folder and/or subfolders.
- Feature: Minor changes to ribbon bar layout and command text to streamline user interaction and improve
- Feature: Added upgrade policy clarification text to the update notice pop-up window and update check dialog. Also enhanced the text on this subject in the product help file.
- Feature: Minor tweaks to main window startup size for new product installations.
- Change: Duplicate File Detective no longer automatically selects entries within the duplicate file
search results report by default.
- Bug fix: Hash cache UI settings prevented entry of new maximum size limit.
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with Files counter in main window status bar not showing a value (a v4.3 regression).
Version 4.3.50 (Released August 5th, 2012)
- Feature: Added "files compared" metric to the duplicate search summary window (includes link to log
file when logging enabled).
- Feature: Updated underlying zip libraries in order to improve performance and resolve minor / rare
- Feature: Zip file creation (during duplicate file processing) now enables unicode file and folder name
support by default.
- Feature: Performance of zip file creation (during dupliate file processing) is dramatically improved.
- Feature: Increased maximum hash cache size limit.
- Feature: Added a "Mark matching file paths in folder" option to the SmartMark section of the duplicate
search result report right-click menu.
- Feature: The advanced tab of the Preferences window now allows users to decide whether the comment "Shortcut created by Duplicate File
Detective" is added to shell shortcuts created during duplicate file processing. The option is off by default.
- Bug fix: Resolved problem that could limit scalability in environments with many millions of files.
- Bug fix: Resolved rare case where a large temp file could be left in the target file system after
Duplicate File Detective closes.
- Bug fix: Main window ribbon bar now uses a small delay when showing tooltips.
- Bug fix: Resolved defect in file size display logic that could affect decimal precision in some
- Bug fix: Report view options relating to file size display and grid lines were not showing checkmarks
on the active setting.
- Bug fix: Resolved "out of memory" error that occurred when attempting to re-import XML search result
files exceeding 2GB in size.
- Bug fix: Resolved minor (cosmetic) bug with drawing "no items to show" text in file properties window.
- Bug fix: Attempting to link files during duplicate file zipping operations could fail in some
- Bug fix: Fixed a rare crash that could occur during application start-up.
Version 4.2.47 (Released June 5th, 2012)
- Feature: Added support for comparing music tags within .ape (Monkey's Audio) file format.
- Feature: New optimizations reduce program memory consumption (often quite dramatically, and especially
for large search result sets).
- Feature: Added minimize box to duplicate file search progress window.
- Feature: Added a "Move parent with this window" checkbox to the duplicate file search progress window.
When engaged, the main application window is kept centered over the progress window, allowing users to move the main
window during the duplicate search process.
- Bug fix: Corrected possible unhandled exception when log file entries were being written (only occurred
in specific circumstances).
- Bug fix: Resolved bug that incorrectly required genre tag to match when comparing music tags
(regardless of comparison options used).
- Bug fix: Numerous minor bug fixes relating to ID3 music file tag parsing.
Version 4.1.54 (Released December 16th, 2011)
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with duplicate file processing shell linkages not including the target file
- Bug fix: Resolved rare Winsock heap corruption anomaly that could occur in some environments.
Version 4.1.50 (Released November 7th, 2011)
- Feature: Added the ability to change the duplicate search
report font size (normal, large, and very large sizes available).
- Feature: Added the ability to export/import protected file
types to/from file.
- Feature: The duplicate file search progress window now operates
modally, preventing changes to the underlying project definition while a search
is in progress.
- Feature: Duplicate search result detail report now always shows
sort triangle (even when column width is smaller than header text).
- Feature: Added two new letters to details list attribute
columns ("I" = "Not indexed" and "P" = "Sparse file").
- Feature: Improved visibility of ribbon bar expand/collapse
functionality by adding a right-aligned toggle button.
- Feature: Added smooth scrolling support to duplicate file
detail report view.
- Feature: Detail report view selection colors are now maintained
even when the control window does not have active focus.
- Feature: Detail report view now shows a dotted border around
the current focused row to differentiate it from other selected rows.
- Feature: F1 key now used by main window as shortcut to access
- Feature: When users elect to remove files during duplicate zipping, the actual file removal is now
deferred until after the zip file is finalized / closed.
- Feature: When Duplicate File Detective encounters a file system
security identifier that is not mapped to an account name, it will now convert
the SID to a string (e.g. it will present something like
"S-1-5-21-9259032911-4949815421-2563717148-1001 " rather than displaying
"unknown"). Note that "unknown" will still be presented if the security
descriptor itself is inacessible.
- Bug fix: Resolved rare crash that could occur if system
settings (such as theme, etc.) were changed during an auto-prune operation.
- Bug fix: The link to review logged events in the duplicate
search pop-up notification window was broken.
- Bug fix: Resolved minor file types detail toolbar icon
- Bug fix: File properties docking panel tooltips are now themed
- Bug fix: Now catching unhandled exception that could occur while flushing duplicate search log file.
- Bug fix: Now catching unhandled exception that could occur when finalizing zip archives.
- Bug fix: Duplicate file processing progress dialog would show file names after they were processed,
rather than before / during (cosmetic bug).
Version 4.0.45 (Released June 16th, 2011)
- Feature: Project path management controls are now disabled
when a duplicate search is in progress.
- Feature: Added new protection feature that checks disk space
availability during duplicate file move / zip operations. If the target volume
has less than 100 MB of space free, a warning will be issued. This behavior is
enabled by default, and can be changed in Preferences | Protection.
- Bug fix: Resolved GDI resource leak (relating to media preview
and file property panes) that could eventually lead to a crash.
- Bug fix: Resolved potential incompatibility with Windows 7
Service Pack 1, experienced by a small subset of users.
- Bug fix: Resolved rare main window report column visibility
- Bug fix: Added exception handler for additional file exceptions
occurring during duplicate processing.
Version 4.0.43 (Released May 19th, 2011)
- Bug fix: Fix for potential divide by zero exception introduced
Version 4.0.42 (Released May 18th, 2011)
- Feature: Improved formatting of duplicate file report group
- Feature: File type detail report duplicate percentage column
- Bug fix: Resolved rare floating point operation failure during
file type statistics computation.
- Bug fix: Resolved rare search report scrollbar drawing artifact
that could occur in certain graphics adapter environments.
- Bug fix: Additional exception handling for obscure music file
tag read fault.
- Change: When a duplicate file candidate is skipped because it
resolves to the same physical path as another candidate, an event log warning is
no longer generated. Instead, a search log entry is now created (skipped file
logging must be enabled in perferences window) which details the files in
Version 4.0.40 (Released May 13th, 2011)
- Feature: Added support for compression of temp files created by
Duplicate File Detective during search operations. Option is enabled by default,
but can be turned off in the advanced tab of preferences window. Requires that
folder location resolves to NTFS file system.
- Feature: Added ability to compare parent folders (up to a
specified depth) when searching for duplicate files.
- Feature: Added drop arrow to search/excluded panel toolbars to allow for adding of mapped network drive or drop-and-drop of
paths from Windows Explorer.
- Feature: Improved detection of cases were two files refer to
the same physical file system location, and thus should not be compared. Some
tests are NTFS file system specific.
- Feature: Improved efficiency and scalability of event log
viewer. It can now display a very large number of events with minimal impact on
- Feature: Event log viewer now remembers column sizing changes,
and no longer flickers when window is resized.
- Feature: Various performance (XML import, etc.) and theme improvements.
- Bug fix: Fixed rare exception that could occur when attemping
to hash zip files with invalid / corrupt field data.
- Bug fix: Ribbon bar customizations were not being retained
- Bug fix: Fixed two obscure cases where file open return checks
were not being performed correctly.
- Bug fix: Changing the log file directory would cause logging to
fail until the application was restarted.
- Change: Removed "delete all" button from search/excluded path
panel toolbars. This function can still be accessed via context menu
(right-click within panel).
- Change: Retired the "do not compare hard linked files"
comparison option. This behavior is now always in effect.
Version 4.0.25 (Released April 19th, 2011)
- Bug fix: Fixed rare crash in ribbon bar UI update handler
- Bug fix: Fixed exception relating to zip file hashing.
Version 4.0.24 (Released April 18th, 2011)
- Feature: Duplicate File Detective is now available in
native x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit) builds. The 64-bit build increases the
scalability of the product considerably.
- Feature: Added new file hash caching feature. The goal of hash
caching is to improve the performance of subsequent duplicate searches involving
the same paths.
- Feature: Added a special file hashing option for ZIP files,
allowing their contents to be enumerated and hashed (rather than the zip file
- Feature: Added support for extracting and comparing music file
tags. Supported audio file formats include MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MPC, Speex,
WavPack TrueAudio, WAV, AIFF, MP4 and ASF.
- Feature: Added support display of music file tag data in
primary duplicate file results report. New columns include artist, title, album,
track, year, genre, duration, and bitrate.
- Feature: Extended duplicate results report filtering to include
new music tag attributes (see above) as well as duplicate group count and size.
- Feature: The image preview docking window has been renamed to
"media preview" and now supports numerous audio and video formats.
- Feature: Extended SmartMark system to support marking
duplicates by shortest duration or smallest bitrate (music tags).
- Feature: The file properties window has been extended to show
audio tag data for supported audio file formats (see above).
- Feature: Added the ability to strip non-alphanumeric characters
from filenames during comparisons.
- Feature: Expanded the built-in music file type preset to
include taggable formats.
- Feature: File group editor is now easier to understand and
use, with improved validation, etc.
- Feature: A new step has been added to the project wizard that
allows users to select which columns will appear in the duplicate results report
- Feature: The project wizard now offers more assistance in path,
file type, and report column selection screens based upon the project type
specified in the first step.
- Feature: Duplicate search result report column visibility is
now stored at the project level, rather than globally.
- Feature: Export and import processes have been extended to
include music tag data.
- Feature: When exporting duplicate report results, default
export column selections are synced with the current visible columns in the
results report view.
- Feature: Exporting duplicate search result data in XML format
now exports all available duplicate file data, making result imports much more
- Feature: Added ability to print duplicate search summary
- Feature: In the path selection step of the new project wizard,
the folder path list offers improved folder browsing and validation.
- Feature: Memory and performance optimizations during file
hashing (checksum generation) operations, particularly when combined with other
match options (such as file name and/or extension matching).
- Feature: Added adaptive threading technology, designed to
maximize performance during file hash / checksum generation.
- Feature: Changing hash thread pool size settings no long
requires an application restart to take effect.
- Feature: When running the 64-bit product build, project default
folder exclusions now take their x86 path counterparts into account.
- Feature: Added switch to allow for (non-Internet) temp file
folder to be excluded by default in new projects.
- Feature: Added duplicate report column header context menu
option for restoring columns to their default widths.
- Feature: The ability to compare file extensions now operates
independently of file name comparison (see comparison options window).
- Feature: Selecting the music tag comparison option in the Match
Settings dialog will sync the visible duplicate report columns accordingly.
- Feature: Added support for specifying HTTP proxy login and
password during update check operations.
- Feature: Handling of folder reparse points (junctions, symbolic
links, and mount points) now provides recursion avoidance.
- Feature: The Duplicate File Manager can now remove empty
directories which are the result of duplicate file delete/move operations.
- Feature: General application theme improvements in all areas.
- Feature: File type graph views have been redesigned for
superior performance and presentation.
- Bug fix: Duplicate result records associated with protected
search paths were still eligible for processing.
- Bug fix: In very specific circumstances, the duplicate search
elements in the progress window could show incorrect values.
- Bug fix: It is no longer possible to change projects through
the "most recently used" file listing while a duplicate search is in progress.
- Bug fix: Resolved duplicate search result report selection not
being restored upon sort column change in specific circumstances.
- Bug fix: Fixed existing duplicate search file type and summary
data not being cleared when opening a project.
- Bug fix: Resolved an issue where certain error log entries that
occurred while opening a locked file would show "unknown error" (rather than the
actual failure reason).
- Bug fix: Project search / exclude path listings were
constrained to roughly a third of their maximum supported allowance.
Version 3.6.3 (Released January 7th, 2011)
- Feature: Added ability to disable duplicate group sorting
within primary detail report.
- Feature: Significant performance gains in all wilcard
comparison mechanisms (e.g. scan-time filtering, resulting filtering, etc.).
- Feature: Improved usability and appearance of product within high DPI display
- Feature: The duplicate file report view now draws a line
between duplicate groups to better separate them.
- Feature: Duplicate and scanned file distribution graphs have
been re-worked to improve layout and spatial efficiency.
- Feature: Re-organized certain ribbon bar functions to improve
- Feature: Added the ability to mark *only* the selected files
(and unmark all others) in the same group. Uses Ctrl+G shortcut key.
- Feature: Users can now drag and drop files from Windows
directly onto the Hash Calculator tool window to add them to the list of files
- Bug fix: Low-priority I/O mode on Vista or later is now
- Bug fix: Resolved SmartMark defect that caused marking of files
in project paths to work too greedily in certain instances.
- Change: Switched to a three-part application version number.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released August 24th, 2010)
- Feature: Improved the column names assocated with the file type detail
view to make them more intuitive.
- Feature: Improved internal crash reporting mechanisms have been
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with the mark newest / oldest feature working
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with "mark / unmark in project path" feature
not working properly for duplicate files residing in root drive paths.
- Bug fix: Resolved an obscure bug where entry of overlapping
duplicate search paths resulted in erroneous report results.
- Bug fix: Resolved issue with search path protection not always
covering exact path matches.
- Bug fix: Resolved minor cosmetic issue with color depth in
search path toolbar images.
- Bug fix: Minor corrections to application themes.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released February 19th, 2010)
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem that caused duplicate searches to abort
prematurely in the comparison phase. This issue only occurred in the v126.96.36.199
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released February 18th, 2010)
- Feature: Introduced a new "Folder View" docking panel that provides a
hierarchical representation of the folders involved in the current duplicate
search results. Users can control the visibility of related duplicate search
result records using the checkboxes next to each folder.
- Feature: Introduced the ability to "protect" duplicate search paths,
accessible through the lock toolbar button in the search paths docking panel.
When a search path is protected, all its descendants in the search results
report will be unavailable for marking (and therefore cannot be processed by
Duplicate File Detective). Such entries will show a small lock icon in place of
their marking check box.
- Feature: A new File Extension Researcher tool has been integrated into
Duplicate File Detective. It is accessible from the toolbar of the File Types
detail panel, or from the detail report's right-click (context) menu.
- Feature: Duplicate File Detective now provides an option for excluding
protected file types from the duplicate file search process. This option
is enabled by default, and should improve the performance and security of many common
duplicate search scenarios.
- Feature: Added the ability to create
symbolic links (in addition to existing shell shortcut link support) when moving
or deleting duplicates. This
feature is available on Windows Vista and later only (Windows XP and earlier do
not support symbolic links) and requires that DFD be run "elevated" and with administrative
- Feature: Added the ability to create hard links when moving or deleting
duplicates. Note that hard links cannot cross volumes (e.g. you cannot link a
file on one hard drive to a file on another drive).
- Feature: The AutoPrune feature has been enhanced so that it prunes files
which are recognized as symbolic or hard links. This helps to make use of the new
symbolic / hard linking features (described above) more seamless, as linked files will
be removed from duplicate results reports during pruning.
- Feature: Added "group count" and "group size" columns to the duplicate
search results detail listing. Note that both columns are hidden by default -
use the column chooser (or right-click on the detail view header) to expose
- Feature: Right-clicking a project search / exclude path now selects that
item prior to showing the context menu. Right-clicking outside of all list items
will now also remove any existing selection.
- Feature: Added an option (enabled by default) to the file match settings
dialog that causes hard-linked files to not be considered duplicates. File
linkage tests are performed prior to content analysis, eliminating the need for
performance-intensive hashing when hard links exist.
- Feature: Group count and size metrics can now be exported in all formats
(CSV, HTML, XML).
- Feature: Results filtering now offers the ability to filter by group
- Feature: Autoprune dialog now indicates the number of duplicate groups
pruned thus far (as well as the total number being pruned).
- Feature: Performance of file type statistics generation has been
- Feature: Improved log entry descriptions for "file compared" search log
events (non-matches now identify which test failed).
- Feature: The duplicate search summary window now provides direct links to
search log files for "file found", "folder scanned", "file skipped", and "folder
skipped" log event types.
- Feature: Added a duplicate file search report context menu that allows
for reversing (toggling) of markings for currently selected duplicate files.
This feature can also be accessed by pressing the spacebar.
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem in version number comparisons that could
incorrectly alert users about a new product release when using automatic update
- Bug fix: Skipped reparse point files were being incorrectly reported as
skipped folders in search logging and report summary.
- Bug fix: User's preferred column auto-sizing mode could be disrupted by
use of the column chooser tool.
- Bug fix: The duplicate search complete notification pop-up window would
not be responsive to user interaction if the search summary dialog was on-screen
at the same time.
- Bug fix: Resolved a potential buffer overrun condition within the
Duplicate File Manager window that could be triggered by the display of very
deeply nested folder paths.
- Bug fix: Creation of CSV files (during search log file generation, or
when exporting file type detail reports) now employ UTF-8 encoding, rather than
Unicode. This provides better compatibility with MS Excel.
Version 184.108.40.206 (Released December 16th, 2009)
- Feature: Dynamic cluster size resolver improves
accuracy of allocated file size (aka "size on disk") computations.
- Feature: The ability to SmartMark oldest / newest duplicate files (in each
group) has been extended to allow users to choose what file date/time stamp
(modified, created, or last accessed) is used for the comparison.
- Bug fix: Replaced main application icon with correct, higher resolution
- Bug fix: Fixed a problem in which specific SmartMark functions would
issue an incorrect (unecessary) warning.
- Bug fix: Results filtering would not be applied when ribbon bar was
minimized. This has been fixed.
- Bug fix: User's preferred column auto-sizing mode could be disrupted by
the addition / removal of duplicate search report columns.
- Bug fix: Duplicate file search report tooltips could become corrupted if
the duplicate file path contained specific character sequences.
- Bug fix: Configuration of update checking through an HTTP proxy was not
- Other: Installer improvements, minor adjustments to product license
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released November 17th, 2009)
- Feature: Duplicate File Detective is now Unicode enabled. Note that report export operations now generate Unicode files (e.g. which include byte
- Feature: Added the ability to create shell shortcuts when moving or
deleting duplicate files using the Duplicate File Manager dialog
- Feature: Logging support has been added to Duplicate File Detective,
providing users with details on how file system objects are processed during
duplicate search runs. Use the application preferences window to configure
- Feature: A new "welcome wizard" tutorial has been added to Duplicate File
- Feature: Application toolbars and menus have been replaced with a new
"ribbon" command interface.
- Feature: Application themes have been re-designed and heavily augmented. Available
themes now include "blue", "black", "silver", "aqua", "scenic",
These can be set via the "theme" drop-down menu located to the right of the
- Feature: The display of duplicate groups within the results report has been re-engineered. Duplicate
File Detective no longer displays duplicate groups as a series of hierchical nodes.
This new "flattened" view delineates duplicate groups with alternating
background colors, greatly improving use of vertical space.
- Feature: The scalability and efficiency of Duplicate File Detective have
been improved dramatically. Extremely large duplicate file reports can now be
produced without exhausting available system memory.
- Feature: Added the ability to create zip archives that contain Unicode
file names. This feature can be enabled on the advanced tab of the preferences
window, and is disabled by default. Be sure that the zip archive utility you use
supports Unicode before enabling this option.
- Feature: The design of the duplicate results summary window has been
re-engineered to be cleaner and more informative.
- Feature: Error handling and reporting during duplicate result processing
has been improved considerably.
- Feature: A new "auto prune" feature is now available from the Results
menu. It allows users to manually trigger a report pruning process that removes
file report items no longer present within the file system. This allows for
automatic updating of report results without needing to re-execute a complete
- Feature: The pruning process that occurs after duplicate file processing
(or through the "auto prune" option mentioned above) now has a progress indicator and is cancellable.
- Feature: The report data import process now offers an option for
launching the auto-pruning process after an import completes successfully.
- Feature: When exporting duplicate search results, current file markings
are now available as an optional export column. When exporting in XML format
with this option enabled, a subsequent import of this XML will restore the
- Feature: Exporting report data to HTML or CSV will now retain current
report view characteristics such as current sorting and filtering. Note that XML
export format remains unchanged - it exports all duplicate search data in a
manner that supports re-importing at a later date (via File | Import).
- Feature: Search result filtering has been re-designed to be report column
specific, with new "wild card" character support. These changes improve
flexibility and performance dramatically.
- Feature: A number of search result filtering shortcuts have been added to
the report context menu, making it easier to isolate duplicates by name, folder,
- Feature: When processing (moving, deleting, zipping) duplicate files,
Duplicate File Detective checks (by default) to see if any duplicate file groups
have all of their entries marked and allows the user to cancel processing
operations and review markings before proceeding. Also, such a cancellation will
now cause the first duplicate file group with all entries marked to scroll into view
(with the first duplicate of the group selected).
- Feature: The file hash calculator tool has been improved to allow for the
generation of multiple hash type values for multiple file paths in a single
pass. It is also now operates within a separate worker thread so that the UI
doesn't become unresponsive when hashing larger files.
- Feature: The duplicate report context menu now exposes a "compute file
hash" option that launches the file hash calculator tool. Multiple path
selections are supported.
- Feature: When filtering duplicate search results, users can now elect to
show the siblings of matching items. In other words, if any member of a
duplicate group passes the filter, then the entire duplicate group that contains
it will be shown (rather than just the duplicate that passed). This option is
available as a switch within the general tab of the preferences window.
- Feature: Duplicate search report print previewing has been enhanced
signficantly. It now includes more intuitive zoom controls as well as multi-page
preview and more.
- Feature: Error handling during report export operations has been improved
- Feature: New project default exclusion paths have been improved via the
addition of a switch for the "common program files" folder. Default
exclusions now also include both x64 and x86 paths when running on 64-bit
- Feature: Added the ability to retain existing folder structures when
moving duplicate files.
- Feature: The search summary dialog has been extended to include a new
"search log" view. This new mechanism provides insights into which folders were
scanned during duplicate searching, as well as which files and folders were
skipped (and why).
- Feature: Duplicate search report tooltips have been enhanced signficantly,
and an option has been added (see preferences window) allowing them to be disabled.
- Feature: The default docking panel configuration has been altered to be
- Feature: A new status bar pane shows the number of duplicate
files that are currently marked, along with the amount of space they consume.
- Feature: A new file "single threaded" file content hashing option was
added to the advanced tab of the application preferences window. It is also now
the default threading mode, as it yields the best performance for local storage
devices. Users scanning network resources should consider use of multiple
- Feature: All status bar panes now intelligently resize themselves to
their current textual contents, providing more efficient use of space and
eliminating unwanted trimming.
- Feature: The progress bar that appears during duplicate comparison
operations has been re-designed and split into two sections, the first showing
the number of bytes scanned and the second showing the number of files scanned.
- Feature: Application keyboard shortcuts have been dramatically improved.
The existing v2.x shortcuts still work, but are now also supplemented by
entirely new ribbon bar shortcuts (press the Alt key to display).
- Feature: The coloring of duplicate file report rows by duplicate file
attributes can now be disabled completely, with a single switch. This can
improve duplicate file report viewing performance in some scenarios (e.g. when
search for duplicates over a slower network connection).
- Feature: Duplicate search result XML file exports now store a reference
to the current project file (if the project had been previously saved). This
value is then queried during XML import operations, and the user is prompted to
load the associated project file (if it is present, and if it is different from
the currently loaded project).
- Feature: Smart marking within the duplicate search result context menu
now allows users to mark or un-mark all items within a specific project path.
This provides users with a simple means of ensuring that no files within a
particular project path are processed (or vice versa).
- Feature: Duplicate file records can now be removed from the duplicate
search report (without deleting the associated file). To remove a range of
entries with the same properties (e.g. same hash, folder, etc.), use filtering
to narrow down the visible entries and then remove them.
- Feature: Added automatic update checking, which occurs in a background
thread when Duplicate File Detective starts up. Can be disabled through
- Feature: On Windows 7, the Duplicate File Detective task bar button now
shows a marquee style progress indicator whenever a duplicate search is in
- Feature: Improved support for Windows Restart Manager.
- Feature: Marked duplicate file report items can now be displayed in a
lighter color than those that are un-marked. Users can also elect to display the
filename of marked files using a strike-through font.
- Feature: When adding a search or exclude path (through the respective
docking panel), users of Windows Vista and later can now choose multiple
- Feature: Added support for extremely long paths to the duplicate file
search and management features. Note that the "delete files to recycle bin" option of the Duplicate File Manager
is still limited to working with paths that are 255 characters or
less due to limitations in the Windows shell.
- Feature: The Duplicate File Manager now continues processing files when
errors occur, presenting a summary of errors (if any) when the process
completes. There is also a new option that causes file processing to halt upon
the first occurrence of an error (similar to how previous versions behaved).
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with filename-only duplicate matching when "ignore
extensions" was also enabled.
- Bug fix: The contents of the duplicate results summary window are now reset
immediately when a new project is created. Previously, they weren't cleared
until a new duplicate scan was run.
- Bug fix: Fixed a couple of relatively obscure bugs in the code that handles
document modification flags.
- Bug fix: File | Import menu option is now disabled when a duplicate file search
is in progress.
- Bug fix: Selecting the default color from the color selection control on
the file attributes option panel wasn't working as expected.
- Bug fix: When matching duplicates via filename and ignoring extensions,
blank filenames are no longer considered a match.
- Bug fix: ProjectPath node of XML export file was not properly enclosed in
- Bug fix: User interface now responds better to changes to Windows system
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released March 25th, 2008)
- Feature: Added SHA256 and SHA512 hash algorithm support to Duplicate
File Detective (accessible via advanced project settings window).
- Feature: Added the ability to alter the encoding type used
to represent file hash strings. By default, hexadecimal encoding is used, but this
can now be switched to Base64. Hex has the advantage of using only uppercase characters
and numbers (and thus being slightly easier to read), whereas Base64 encoded hash
strings are significantly more compact but use a broader character set that includes
- Feature: Duplicate file marking actions taken through the duplicate
report context menu (and other means) will no longer change row selection.
- Feature: New keyboard shortcuts, including Ctrl+M for marking selected
files and Ctrl+U for unmarking selected files.
- Feature: Improved tooltips when using the Office 2007 theme (see
- Feature: Created an "Exclude parent folder" shortcut within the
duplicate file report context menu.
- Feature: The file hash calculator tool has been improved in several
ways. It now provides access to SHA256 and SHA512 hashing algorithms and a switch
for selecting hash encoding type (Hex or Base64). The window is also now resizable
and retains configuration state between uses.
- Feature: Added a "reverse current markings" function to the smart
marking menu. This simply inverts whatever duplicate file markings currently exist.
Markings can also be reversed for a specific group (via right-click context menu).
- Feature: Duplicate File Detective will now automatically mark all
members of a duplicate file group, with the exception of the first. If you prefer
the previous behavior (where no files were marked by default), see the new setting
in the general tab of the preferences window.
- Feature: The image preview window will now show a shell icon for
duplicate files that are not actually images.
- Feature: Expanded SmartMark capabilities with a "mark all but last file in each duplicate group" function, also available from the duplicate
report context menu.
- Feature: The speed at which the Duplicate Result Manager window
appears has been dramatically improved, especially when dealing with a large number
of duplicate file markings.
- Feature: Added a new file size comparison mechanism to the search
filtering docking window that allows for isolation of files "between" two specified
- Feature: Further extended the duplicate file context menu (e.g.
the right-click menu) to allow the user to mark all duplicates of a file in the
same folder - or all other folders. This is different from the
existing "mark all files in same folder' option, which works across all duplicate
- Feature: Added experimental support for low-priority disk I/O on
Windows Vista / Server 2008 and later. This switch, available from the Advanced
tab of the Global Settings window, causes file system enumeration and file hashing
threads to operate in a special, low-priority mode that makes them less likely to
interfere with other functions the host computer may be performing.
- Feature: The Duplicate Result Manager window file list is now fully
sortable by any column.
- Feature: Added a simple "Search with Duplicate File Detective"
Explorer shell context menu capability.
- Bug fix: Widened cumulative file size display field within Duplicate
File Manager window.
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem where "an unnamed file was not found"
would be displayed when attempting to access a recent project file (via the File
menu) that no longer existed. The error message is now clearer and more descriptive.
- Bug fix: Resolved a bug in the file name filtering system that
would cause wildcard expressions containing spaces to function incorrectly.
- Bug fix: Resolved a rare "R6002 - Floating point support not loaded"
error that could occur in some environments.
- Other performance optimizations, help file updates, bug fixes and improvements.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released November 24th, 2007)
- Feature: Added a total file space metric to the Duplicate Result
Manager window. Provides a better sense of how much space will be freed based upon
the pending action.
- Feature: Duplicate file manager window can now be maximized.
- Feature: When files are removed from the Duplicate Result Manager
window, the file list scroll position is no longer changed. This makes it easier
to track the position of such changes relative to other files being processed.
- Feature: Added "mark all but first" duplicate file marking capabilities
to the duplicate report context (right-click) menu, so that this feature can operate
at the duplicate group level (in addition to existing SmartMark implementation,
which operates on all duplicate groups).
- Feature: When using Duplicate Result Manager to zip files with
the "delete originals" option engaged, the deletions will now honor the "delete
to Windows recycle" bin option.
- Feature: Numerous improvements to application performance and error
particularly within Duplicate Results Manager.
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with duplicate file project paths not
being cleared between loading of projects (v126.96.36.199 regression).
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released November 20th, 2007)
- Bug fix: Resolved a defect in which DFD could crash when
to generate a preview for a duplicate file that had been deleted by an external
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug in which the duplicate result manager window
could have its protection flags out of sequence.
- Bug fix: Added code to guard against runtime error display (and
subsequent abort) when DFD encounters invalid date/time stamps on files.
- Other very minor tweaks.
Version 184.108.40.206 (Released November 15th, 2007)
- Feature: Added support for regular expression syntax to the filename
masking system utilized throughout Duplicate File Detective (e.g. scan-time search filtering,
smart filename marking, etc.).
- Feature: Significant enhancements to duplicate file report navigation
performance, particularly when scanning network file paths. Image preview loading
is now threaded, and operates on a slight delay to allow for smoother file selection
transitions within the duplicate result report.
- Feature: Added a new switch to the performance section of the advanced
setting dialog that allows users to disable retrieval of file ownership data during
the duplicate file search process. Use of this switch can enhance duplicate search
when scanning network paths.
- Feature: Whenever Duplicate File Detective saves a project to file,
it creates a backup copy of the original (if one exists). The location of
this .bak file has been moved to the user's local Application Data system folder
(previously it was saved to the same path as the project file).
- Feature: Added a switch to the general tab of global preferences
that allows for the auto-completion feature of drop-down combo boxes within DFD
to be disabled.
- Feature: Added a switch to the View | Toolbars submenu that allows
you to "lock all toolbars" (prevent them from being moved / re-docked to other parts of the
- Feature: Added a warning / confirmation window that appears when
duplicate files are processed and one or more groups are found to have all
of their entries marked. The display of this window can be managed via the Protection
tab within the Global Preferences window.
- Bug fix: Resolved a memory leak that would occur during XML
data import processes.
- Bug fix: Resolved an issue with adding invalid paths via the "search
folders" panel where the folder browser dialog would be closed and the last browse
path would be added. Now the folder browser path will stay on-screen when an invalid
path is entered, allowing the user to correct the situation.
- Bug fix: In some specific cases, clicking the cancel button during
a duplicate file comparison process would not immediately cancel pending
search operations (e.g.
it could take several seconds). Now, cancellation occurs much more quickly (nearly instantly).
- Bug fix: Status bar statistics were not being updated after the
Duplicate File Results Manager tool was utilized. Now when duplicates are
moved, deleted, or zipped, the status bar will be updated to reflect the change
in duplicate file count and disk space consumed.
- Bug fix: File type classification panels are now updated after
the Duplicate File Results Manager tool is utilized.
- Bug fix: The auto-completion feature of the drop-down box used
to input file name masks (in various places within the application) was not operating
in a case-sensitive manner.
- Bug fix: Resolved a crash that could occur on Win9x operating systems
when a project is run a second time.
- Bug fix: File size and count values within the File Types detail
report were not using a thousands separator character (comma).
- Significant performance enhancements in many areas of the application.
- Numerous minor improvements in usability and appearance.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released October 16th, 2007)
- Feature: Added an image preview docking window. Current
supported image file formats are: BMP, EMF, GIF, ICO, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and
- Feature: Numerous changes (to application file
storage, etc.) to make Duplicate File Detective more Windows Vista
- Feature: The "mark all files in group" context menu option
available at the duplicate group level now descends into any sub-groupings that may
have been established through the use of the report grouping bar.
- Feature: It is now possible to shift+click and ctrl+click
multiple duplicate report record selections and use the "mark selected file(s)"
context menu function to mark them.
- Feature: Added the ability to ignore file extensions when
performing file name based duplicate matching. When this feature is enabled, the
resulting duplicate file report will group entries by file name (minus the
- Feature: Added an option to automatically show the duplicate
file summary report upon completion of scanning operations. This checkbox is
available within the summary report window itself, and is turned off by
- Feature: Added the ability to perform byte-for-byte
matching during file comparison operations. This feature is useful when even the
smallest potential for false positive matches cannot be tolerated. Although strong
hashing algorithms such as MD5 and SHA1 are *extremely* accurate, the
only way to be 100% certain that two files match is byte-for-byte binary
comparison. Note that use of this feature can slow the file
comparison process significantly (especially when comparing large files).
- Feature: Paths in the "search paths" and "exclusions" docking
panels can now be double-clicked for editing. A "browse for folder" dialog will
appear with the path being edited visible. If a new path is chosen, it will
replaced the one that was double-clicked.
- Feature: Numerous improvements to scan-time error
handling throughout the application. For example, if a project contains an invalid
starting path, it now notifies the user of such once scanning operations are
complete. File access exceptions that occur during file content comparison
operations are also better exposed now.
- Feature: Added "last accessed" and "created" date / time
columns to duplicate file report results. Both new columns can be exported to
any of the supported export formats (and can also be re-imported from an XML
export). Also note that both columns are hidden by default (right click on the
report header and use the field chooser to make them visible).
- Feature: Created a new "Office 2007" visual theme for
the application that closely resembles Microsoft Office 2007 (minus the ribbon
bar). Users can freely switch between this and the older Windows
system-based theme used by DFD v1.x (see view menu).
- Feature: Added an option to the "appearance" section the
preference window that allows users to control whether date-based report columns
(such as "created", "modified", etc.) include a time value. By default, they
will show date only.
- Feature: Added "attribs" column to duplicate file report
results. The column expresses common file attributes as a series of alpha flags.
For example, "HSA" is representative of the file attributes "hidden",
"system", and "archive". This new column is hidden by default (use the report field
chooser to make it visible) and can be included in all export operations.
- Feature: Made extensive improvements to the DFD v1.x
"smart marking" system (which is now referred to as "SmartMark").
New capabilities include marking of duplicates file file size (largest or
smallest in each group), filename length (longest or shortest file name in each
group), and filename pattern. Filename pattern marking supports compound
wildcard masks with exclusions, and can also ensure that at least one duplicate
file in each group is left unmarked.
- Feature: A context (e.g. right-click) popup menu has
been added to the "search paths" and "exclusions" path management panels. The
context menu provides access to existing functions and adds new ones (including the
ability to check or uncheck all paths at once).
- Feature: Enhanced the duplicate file scan progress dialog to
include a "files compared" indicator. The progress bar control logic has also
been revised (and is now more accurate) and is supplemented by progress percentage
- Feature: The duplicate scan summary data that is included
with XML data exports is now more complete (it now includes files scanned /
skipped, folders scanned / skipped, report start and end times, etc.). Scan summary
data is also now brought back into the application during an XML data import,
making the "Summary" window more useful in these situations.
- Feature: Made numerous performance enhancements, especially
with regard to file content comparisons (which can now operate concurrently, making
better use of modern hardware capabilities).
- Feature: Added a new "advanced" tab to the global settings
window. Currently, it provides access to file hashing thread pool
settings, and will be further extended in future releases.
- Feature: The default style sheet (which applies to HTML
exports) has been completely revised, and now provides a simpler, more
professional appearance. As before, the style sheet can be customized to
the needs of the user.
- Feature: Search and exclusion path management
intelligence has been expanded considerably. DFD will now attempt to resolve a
broader range of conflicts when new paths are added (such as when a
parent directory already exists, or the new path is a parent to an existing path)
through warnings, confirmations, and additional actions.
- Feature: The duplicate result manager dialog window can now be
resized, and will retain it's size and position between uses.
- Feature: Added new options to the duplicate report
context (right-click) menu that allow all files in the same folder as the selected
item to be marked (or un-marked).
- Feature: Added a new option to the general tab of the settings
window allowing you to disable "save current project" prompts. Currently, if any
unsaved changes exist to the project, you will be prompted to save them under
certain circumstances. Use this new switch to disable these entirely (project
is never saved unless you save it explicitly).
- Feature: The file properties docking window can now be
switched between "categorized" (the default) and "alphabetized"
property sorting orders. The alphabetical view is slightly more compact, for
those who might find the extra space beneficial.
- Feature: The duplicate file scanning event (error) log window
is now resizable and remembers its position between uses. It also provides
intelligent column resizing within the event log list control that it
- Feature: It is now possible to drag directory paths from
Windows Explorer and drop them onto the "Search Paths" and / or "Exclusions"
- Feature: Added an option to the Export window that
allows style settings to be merged directly into HTML export files (rather
than having the CSS file copied to the export target path and linked into the
HTML). This helps to create a more portable HTML export document, and is
engaged by default.
- Feature: Added an option to the general tab of the global
settings which causes DFD to display a desktop notification whenever a
duplicate scan process completes. You can also elect to show such notifications
only when duplicate scan errors occur.
- Feature: Duplicate file result manager window path list is now
- Feature: New MSI application installer package.
- Bug fix: File name filter edit / combo history no longer
stores duplicate entries.
- Bug fix: Auto group results function (see general tab of
preferences window) would fail if the correlative "preferred column" was hidden by
the user (through the field chooser window or some other means). This has
- Bug fix: Closing the main application window and then choosing
"cancel" when prompted to save any changes to the active project would cause
problems (and prematurely cancel any duplicate scans in progress). This has been
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with file size filtering not
always performing comparisons correctly.
- Bug fix: Shell icons displayed within the duplicate file
report detail view could be incorrect in specific, rare situations (usually on the
Win9x family of operating systems). This has been resolved.
- Numerous other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released August 4th, 2007)
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with a key binary sorting
algorithm that could cause some duplicates not be identified.
- Bug fix: Resolved a file shell icon association bug in the
main report view.
- Bug fix: Resolved issue with folder and file scan / skip
counts being off under certain conditions.
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with the search paths docking
panel not showing vertical scrollbars when its contents exceeded available window
- Bug fix: Fixed a problem within the duplicate result
manager window where radio button exclusivity was not properly enforced.
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with large numbers of
folder paths not being saved properly as part of the project.
- Change: Default file name scan masks have been changed from
"*.*' to "*", which matches a broader range of files (including those without
extensions) by default.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released October 10th, 2006)
- Improvement: Added an option (under global settings) allowing
Duplicate File Detective to follow file system re-parse points (off by
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with filename-based duplicate
comparisons being case sensitive.
Version 126.96.36.199 (Released March 13th, 2006)
- Improvement: Created a separate toolbar for managing duplicate
file search results.
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with sorting file size report
columns w/ very large file sizes.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released August 21st, 2005)
- Improvement: Report fields are now quoted during export to CSV
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with filter criteria file name
masks not honoring upper case characters (when the case sensitive masking switch is
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with small duplicate file result
sets being ignored under specific, rare conditions.
Version 184.108.40.206 (Released August 5th, 2005)
- Improvement: Added file icon to the file properties docking
- Improvement: Implemented progress bar for XML file import
- Improvement: Added cancel function to XML file import
- Improvement: Made the read-only file properties grid a
slightly darker shade of grey (to make them easier to read).
- Improvement: Implemented more robust error logging for
duplicate import processing. If, during the XML report import process, any
parsing errors or warning occur, they will now be logged to a file
named "XmlParseErrs.txt" in the product installation root folder.
- Bug fix: Resolved a couple of problems with the XML
report import process, mainly relating to report contents that reference remote
(UNC) file paths.
- Bug fix: Resolved a defect that prevented the application from
closing correctly if duplicate search was in progress (search had to be cancelled
- Bug fix: Resolved problem with "mark all files in group" when
accessed via the duplicate group context menu.
- Other cosmetic bug fixes.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released June 20th, 2005)
- New feature: Added a set of File Types docking panels to the
bottom of the Duplicate File Detective window frame. These show the distribution of
duplicate files (compared with total files scanned) of specific file types.
- New feature: Added a new "appearance" tab to the global
options window. These options provide additional control over the visual appearance
and behavior of certain aspects of the application.
- New feature: Added a new "file types" tab to the global
options window. These are used to manage the behavior of the file types report and
graph docking panels.
- New feature: Added a new "file type" column to the primary
report view. Important: this new column is not visible by default. In
order to see it, simply select the "Report Field Chooser" option from the View
menu. You can then drag and drop the new column into the report view at whatever
column position you prefer. The file type column is also included in all report
- Improvement: Numerous minor cosmetic improvements.
- Improvement: Improved application performance in a number of
key areas, but particularly in the displaying of duplicate search results.
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with report view context menu
"unmark files in group" option not working.
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem with docking panes somtimes not
re-drawing correctly when in auto-hide mode.
- Product documentation updates, other minor bug fixes.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released May 24th, 2005)
- New feature: Added the ability to import duplicate file
reports that were previously exported in XML format. Note that only XML export
files can be re-imported with this feature (HTML and CSV exports can
- New feature: Added a file type group editor, which allows
users to modify what's available from within the filename masks Presets
- Improvement: Added the ability to rename files using the
report view context (right-click) menu.
- Improvement: Added a new checkmark column header image to the
main report view, and added code to make any checked file names appear in bold.
Both steps were designed to add clarity to file marking
- Improvement: Added the ability to access product release notes
from the Help menu.
- Improvement: Added a "Warn if target file already exists"
checkbox option to the export dialog.
- Improvement: Added the exclusion path list to XML
- Improvement: Added the exclusion path list to summary
- Improvement: Added context help buttons to a number of major
- Bug fix: Fixed a problem with the Search Paths and Exclusions
docking panels closing prematurely when being used in "auto hide" mode.
- Bug fix: Certain characters within file names and folders were
not being escaped properly during XML export operations. These are now wrapped in
CDATA blocks to prevent parsing errors during consumption by third-party
- Bug fix: Resolved an issue where invalid date/time stamps on
certain types of files could cause a terminating exception within Duplicate File
- Bug fix: Resolved a bug with report column customizations
causing duplicate result grouping problems. Specifically, automatic result grouping
would engage the wrong column if the column positions were changed.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue with file name grouping being case
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released May 12th, 2005)
- First public product release